Monday, October 14, 2013

A Busy Two Weeks


 
When people told me last year how pretty the leaves get in the fall up here, I kinda shrugged it off - they didn't look any different from the fall leaves in Ohio. I believe those people now. Without the wind and rain of last fall, the leaves have had the chance to turn and are doing so with a bang. It's all I can do not to just stare up at them the whole of recess while the Agents take advantage of the final warm days of the year.
 
 

 
I'll be honest, I've dropped the ball with this regular blog posting thing. I forgot to write one the week before last, and this one is being published on a Monday rather than a Sunday. I'll get better, promise. The Agents say my days of the week are already improving. Although I didn't write anything, I did take a lot of pictures - which is good, because so much has happened since my last post! During the past two weeks, we...
...had week of prayer with Pastor J.E. Boone and Sylvia Gauthier.
 

...finished our unit on Picasso with these fantabulous abstract portraits.


 

...made family trees using handprints from our family members.


.
...made breakfast cups (sort of - it was more like one big breakfast casserole, as I'd been wrong in thinking the church had a muffin tin and forgot to bring my own as backup).



 
 
...germinated seeds for our greenhouse.

"Okay, Agent M, smile! No, like an actual - just - Agent M, you can do this, see there it is no wait, hold it, c'mon, I know you know how to sm...fine."

...studied the germinated seeds.







...planted our greenhouse.
 
...learned the C chord on our ukuleles.


 
...and learned about Christopher Columbus and started our paper mache globes

 
This week we're finishing our globes, learning the G chord, taking our first spelling test, and making fruit smoothies. Come back Wednesday to read all about Agent V and his number chains!
 
Have a beautiful week and God bless,
Mia
 

No comments:

Post a Comment